The 15th annual Broadway Barks! event will be held on July 13 in Shubert Alley, located between 44th and 45th streets (between Broadway and Eighth Avenue). Sponsored by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Frights AIDS (BC/EFA), the event benefits animal shelters and adoption agencies in NYC.
The brainchild of animal lovers Bernadette Peters and Mary Tyler Moore, Broadway Barks! features a host of celebrities presenting dogs and cats for adoption. The presentations will kick off with a performance by cast members from the Broadway musical Jersey Boys.
Among the numerous Broadway and Off-Broadway stars scheduled to present during Broadway Barks! are Sigourney Weaver, David Hyde Pierce, Bebe Neuwirth, Harvey Fierstein, Andrea Martin, Michael Urie, Laura Osnes, Bertie Carvel, Robert Cuccioli, Andrew Rannells, Victoria Clark, and Jane Lynch.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016
- When Broadway Shows Struggle Financially, Producers Get Creative - May 22, 2016
- Tina Fey’s “Mean Girls” Destined for Broadway - May 15, 2016
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson Opens “Fully Committed” - May 5, 2016