The 15th annual Broadway Barks! event will be held on July 13 in Shubert Alley, located between 44th and 45th streets (between Broadway and Eighth Avenue). Sponsored by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Frights AIDS (BC/EFA), the event benefits animal shelters and adoption agencies in NYC.
The brainchild of animal lovers Bernadette Peters and Mary Tyler Moore, Broadway Barks! features a host of celebrities presenting dogs and cats for adoption. The presentations will kick off with a performance by cast members from the Broadway musical Jersey Boys.
Among the numerous Broadway and Off-Broadway stars scheduled to present during Broadway Barks! are Sigourney Weaver, David Hyde Pierce, Bebe Neuwirth, Harvey Fierstein, Andrea Martin, Michael Urie, Laura Osnes, Bertie Carvel, Robert Cuccioli, Andrew Rannells, Victoria Clark, and Jane Lynch.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Inside the Actors Studio” Becomes First TV Show in NYC to Sell Tickets - November 26, 2015
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 20, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015