The 15th annual Broadway Barks! event will be held on July 13 in Shubert Alley, located between 44th and 45th streets (between Broadway and Eighth Avenue). Sponsored by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Frights AIDS (BC/EFA), the event benefits animal shelters and adoption agencies in NYC.
The brainchild of animal lovers Bernadette Peters and Mary Tyler Moore, Broadway Barks! features a host of celebrities presenting dogs and cats for adoption. The presentations will kick off with a performance by cast members from the Broadway musical Jersey Boys.
Among the numerous Broadway and Off-Broadway stars scheduled to present during Broadway Barks! are Sigourney Weaver, David Hyde Pierce, Bebe Neuwirth, Harvey Fierstein, Andrea Martin, Michael Urie, Laura Osnes, Bertie Carvel, Robert Cuccioli, Andrew Rannells, Victoria Clark, and Jane Lynch.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018
- “Saint Joan” Closes on Tony Awards Day - June 7, 2018
- “The Boys in the Band” is Open and Unstoppable - May 31, 2018
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” Back on Track on Broadway - May 24, 2018