One of the greatest rock stars of the ’60s, Janis Joplin, will be celebrated on the Broadway stage this autumn when A Night With Janis Joplin opens at the Lyceum Theatre. The production is scheduled to begin previews on September 20, with its official opening being scheduled for October 10.
Directed and written by Randy Johnson, A Night with Janis Joplin has already enjoyed acclaim in venues around the country, including the Cleveland Play House, Arena Stage, and the Milwaukee Repertory Theater. Mary Bridget Davies has been praised for her performance as Janis Joplin, which has already earned her a Cleveland Critics Circle Award and a nomination for a Helen Hayes Award.
The Washington Post has described A Night with Janis Joplin as “a remarkable, exhilarating portrait of a singer in love with the cleansing embrace of the crowd”.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” to End in September - July 13, 2018
- Michael Jackson Broadway Musical in Development - July 6, 2018
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Closes to Little Fanfare - June 29, 2018
- Go-Go’s Musical “Head Over Heels” Begins Previews - June 22, 2018
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018