Each year, Washington D.C. hosts a major Independence Day celebration known as “A Capitol Fourth,” which viewers around the country are able to watch on PBS stations on July 4 at 8pm. Broadway will have a voice during this year’s festivities, as several Broadway performers have been invited to participate in the event.
Cast members from this season’s nostalgic hit Motown the Musical are scheduled to perform on “A Capitol Fourth” next month. So are Megan Hilty (Wicked, TV’s Smash), Darren Criss (How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, TV’s Glee), and Barry Manilow, who did a series of concerts on Broadway this past season.
The 90-minute show, which will be aired live from the lawn of the U.S. Capitol, will also include The National Symphony Orchestra, John Williams, Jackie Evancho, and American Idol’s Scotty McCreery. Several armed forces groups, such as The U.S. Army Hearld Trumpets and the U.S. Air Force Ceremonial Band, will also participate.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Shubert Launches New Website TelechargeOffers - July 4, 2014
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014