Hot off a highly-praised stint hosting the Tony Awards ceremony, Neil Patrick Harris announces that he will be back performing on Broadway soon. Harris will star in the cult favorite Hedwig and the Angry Inch in Spring 2014 at a Broadway theater yet to be named.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch previously enjoyed a lengthy Off-Broadway run and was even made into an acclaimed independent film, but this will be the John Cameron Mitchell / Stephen Trask musical’s first foray onto Broadway. The darkly comic show is about a fictional rock band fronted by a transgender singer.
“I am simultaneously ecstatic and terrified to be stepping into Hedwig’s heels,” stated Neil Patrick Harris about his upcoming Broadway gig. “It is truly a once-in-a-lifetime role and I can’t wait to begin the journey.”
Harris is not new to Broadway, having starred in the play Proof and the revivals of musicals Assassins and Cabaret. He is best known for his role on the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017
- Glenn Close Earns Raves in “Sunset Boulevard” - February 10, 2017
- NBC Upheavals Begin, Network Makes Way For “The Megyn Kelly Morning Show” - February 2, 2017
- Oprah Returns To Broadcast TV on “60 Minutes” - February 1, 2017
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Completes Its Run - January 27, 2017