Hot off a highly-praised stint hosting the Tony Awards ceremony, Neil Patrick Harris announces that he will be back performing on Broadway soon. Harris will star in the cult favorite Hedwig and the Angry Inch in Spring 2014 at a Broadway theater yet to be named.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch previously enjoyed a lengthy Off-Broadway run and was even made into an acclaimed independent film, but this will be the John Cameron Mitchell / Stephen Trask musical’s first foray onto Broadway. The darkly comic show is about a fictional rock band fronted by a transgender singer.
“I am simultaneously ecstatic and terrified to be stepping into Hedwig’s heels,” stated Neil Patrick Harris about his upcoming Broadway gig. “It is truly a once-in-a-lifetime role and I can’t wait to begin the journey.”
Harris is not new to Broadway, having starred in the play Proof and the revivals of musicals Assassins and Cabaret. He is best known for his role on the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Paula Vogel’s “Indecent” Earns Rave Reviews - April 22, 2017
- Sam Gold’s “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Begins Previews - April 12, 2017
- Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney Star in “The Little Foxes” - April 6, 2017
- Cate Blanchett Completes Broadway Debut in “The Present” - March 28, 2017
- “Miss Saigon” Opens to Mixed Reviews - March 24, 2017