Best known to Broadway fans and tourists as the half-price ticket booth, TKTS will celebrate its 40 years of selling discounted Broadway tickets in Times Square on June 26 with special festivities starting at 11am.
On Broadway and 47th Street, behind the TKTS booth, a proclamation from the City of New York is going to be presented to the Theatre Development Fund (TDF), the organization that runs the booth. Broadway performer and writer Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots, Newsies) will be there to accept. When the presentation is over, the Forbidden Broadway cast will perform a special TKTS tribute, penned by Forbidden Broadway creator Gerard Alessandrini.
After that, karaoke singers will perform Broadway numbers (all from the past 40 years), while TKTS representatives show off costumes created in the style of shows that have appeared on Broadway during the last 40 years. Actress Julie Halston will introduce the singers and also interview ticket buyers waiting in the TKTS line.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015