Best known to Broadway fans and tourists as the half-price ticket booth, TKTS will celebrate its 40 years of selling discounted Broadway tickets in Times Square on June 26 with special festivities starting at 11am.
On Broadway and 47th Street, behind the TKTS booth, a proclamation from the City of New York is going to be presented to the Theatre Development Fund (TDF), the organization that runs the booth. Broadway performer and writer Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots, Newsies) will be there to accept. When the presentation is over, the Forbidden Broadway cast will perform a special TKTS tribute, penned by Forbidden Broadway creator Gerard Alessandrini.
After that, karaoke singers will perform Broadway numbers (all from the past 40 years), while TKTS representatives show off costumes created in the style of shows that have appeared on Broadway during the last 40 years. Actress Julie Halston will introduce the singers and also interview ticket buyers waiting in the TKTS line.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016