Robert James Waller’s best-selling 1992 novel The Bridges of Madison County, which later became a movie starring Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood, will soon step onto the Broadway stage. Adapted by bookwriter Marsha Norman and composer/lyricist Jason Robert Brown, The Bridges of Madison County musical will start performances at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on January 13, 2014.
Directed by Bartlett Sher, the production will have a pre-Broadway premiere this August at the Williamstown Theatre Festival. Steven Pasquale and Elena Shaddow will star in the Williamstown run, but casting for Broadway has not yet been announced.
A romantic favorite when it came out in book stores, The Bridges of Madison County is about a very brief love affair between a lonely Iowa housewife and a traveling National Geographic photographer. The novel was on the New York Times bestseller list for over three years.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Color Purple” Begins Previews at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre - November 28, 2015
- “Thérèse Raquin” Opens at Roundabout’s Studio 54 Theatre - November 7, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Opens at the Helen Hayes Theatre - November 3, 2015
- “Old Times” Opens at the American Airlines Theatre - October 16, 2015
- “On Your Feet!” Musical Begins Previews on Broadway - October 11, 2015