Two of Broadway’s hottest tickets this season, the revival of Pippin and Motown the Musical, were given the top honors at the 31st Annual Fred & Adele Astaire Awards, which were held on June 3. The Astaire Awards recognize the best in dance and choreography, both on film and on Broadway.
Charlotte d’Amboise (Pippin) won Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show, while Eric LaJuan Summers (Motown the Musical) took the Outstanding Male Dancer in a Broadway Show award. Chet Walker (Pippin) and Patricia Wilcox & Warren Adams (Motown) shared the Outstanding Choreographer honor for their work on their respective shows.
The Astaire Awards ceremony featured many of Broadway’s best known dancers and choreographers, including Bebe Neuwirth, Susan Stroman, Lee Roy Reams, Cady Huffman, Kathleen Marshall, Karen Ziemba, and Harry Belafonte.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen - Broadway Show Maven (see all)
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014
- Broadway Understudy Documentary Coming Soon to Theaters - February 17, 2014