A limited number of tickets to the Tony Awards ceremony on Sunday, June 9 will be offered to New York metro area students through a lottery being held on June 6 at 12pm. The lottery will be held at the Helen Hayes Theatre (240 W. 44th Street), home of the Broadway musical Rock of Ages.
The student rush tickets will be $40 each, cash only. Students can begin submitting their names into the lottery at noon, with the drawing taking place at 12:30pm. Students who are selected will need to present a valid student ID, and they can buy up to two rush tickets.
Justin Matthew Sargent, currently starring in Rock of Ages as Drew, will draw the names. Participants have to be there in person as the names are being drawn to receive tickets.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015