Broadway will roll out the red carpet for high school musical theater’s best on July 1, when the Fifth Annual National High School Musical Theater Awards (NHSMTA) are held at the Minskoff Theatre, current home to Disney’s The Lion King. The event will be hosted by Santino Fontana and Laura Osnes, the Tony Award-nominated stars of the Broadway musical Cinderella.
Referred to as the “Jimmy Awards” (named for Broadway producer and theater owner James M. Nederlander), these honors are awarded to student winners from 31 regional competitions. Over 50,000 high school students across the country take part in these musical theatre competitions each year.
Established in 2009, the National High School Musical Theater Awards were created to forge a connection between gifted student performers and the world of professional theater.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Laura Osnes and Corey Cott Star in “Bandstand” - April 13, 2017
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews at the Shubert Theatre - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017