Following its successful Off-Broadway run last summer, the new musical Soul Doctor is now gearing up for a Broadway run. The show will start performances at the Circle in the Square Theatre (1633 Broadway) on July 17, with an official opening on August 15.
Conceived by Jeremy Chess and created by Daniel S. Wise and David Schechter, Soul Doctor tells the story of Rabbi Schlomo Carlebach, a controversial figure known as the “rock star rabbi” in the 1960s as he developed a form of popular Jewish music. The show includes more than 30 of the rabbi’s songs.
Eric Anderson, a Drama Desk Award nominee for his Off-Broadway performance in Soul Doctor, once again takes on the role of Schlomo Carlebach. The production is directed by Daniel S. Wise and includes costumes by Maggie Morgan and scenic design by Neil Patel.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Farinelli and the King” Recoups Investment - April 19, 2018
- “Saint Joan” Begins Starring Condola Rashad - April 12, 2018
- “Three Tall Women” Opens to Rave Reviews - April 7, 2018
- “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” Begins - April 5, 2018
- “Angels in America” Revival Earns Rave Reviews - March 29, 2018