Following its successful Off-Broadway run last summer, the new musical Soul Doctor is now gearing up for a Broadway run. The show will start performances at the Circle in the Square Theatre (1633 Broadway) on July 17, with an official opening on August 15.
Conceived by Jeremy Chess and created by Daniel S. Wise and David Schechter, Soul Doctor tells the story of Rabbi Schlomo Carlebach, a controversial figure known as the “rock star rabbi” in the 1960s as he developed a form of popular Jewish music. The show includes more than 30 of the rabbi’s songs.
Eric Anderson, a Drama Desk Award nominee for his Off-Broadway performance in Soul Doctor, once again takes on the role of Schlomo Carlebach. The production is directed by Daniel S. Wise and includes costumes by Maggie Morgan and scenic design by Neil Patel.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Tony Award Best Musical Winner “Fun Home” Closes - September 23, 2016
- Roundabout’s “The Cherry Orchard” Begins Previews - September 17, 2016
- Broadway Week Is Underway with 2-for-1 Discounts - September 8, 2016
- “Rent” to Return for 20th Anniversary Tour - August 27, 2016
- Julie Taymor of “The Lion King” to Direct “M. Butterfly” - August 21, 2016