Musical-loving Broadway is not always the most hospitable environment for a play, but limited-run plays with star power often prove to be the best bets for investors. Case in point, the new one-woman Broadway play starring Bette Midler, I’ll Eat You Last: A Chat With Sue Mengers, just announced that it has recouped its initial investment.
It only took a little over eight weeks for the production, which began performances at the Booth Theatre on Broadway on April 5, to earn back its $2.4 million investment. The sell-out show will continue to play through June 30.
Written by John Logan (Broadway’s Red, Skyfall on film), I’ll Eat You Last features Bette Midler playing notorious Hollywood agent Sue Mengers. The production marks the first time that Midler has been on Broadway since 1980 when she performed in concert.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016