Cameron Mackintosh, celebrated theater producer, has announced that the forthcoming Broadway revival of the international musical sensation Les Miserables will come to the Imperial Theatre, which served as the home for the original Broadway production for almost 13 years.
“This magnificent theatre has the perfect blend of scale and intimacy for a story like Les Misérables, and I can’t wait to put together a brilliant company to bring this great musical to new generations of Broadway audiences,” said Mackintosh.
The Broadway Les Miserables revival is the 25th anniversary production of the show. This re-imagination of Les Miz, which has already been seen in the national touring production, features a number of new elements, including new orchestrations and scenic designs.
The Les Miserables revival will start preview performances on March 1, 2014, with its official Broadway opening slated for March 23, 2014.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Sam Gold’s “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Begins Previews - April 12, 2017
- Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney Star in “The Little Foxes” - April 6, 2017
- Cate Blanchett Completes Broadway Debut in “The Present” - March 28, 2017
- “Miss Saigon” Opens to Mixed Reviews - March 24, 2017
- New Broadway Musical “Come From Away” Earns Raves - March 17, 2017