Cameron Mackintosh, celebrated theater producer, has announced that the forthcoming Broadway revival of the international musical sensation Les Miserables will come to the Imperial Theatre, which served as the home for the original Broadway production for almost 13 years.
“This magnificent theatre has the perfect blend of scale and intimacy for a story like Les Misérables, and I can’t wait to put together a brilliant company to bring this great musical to new generations of Broadway audiences,” said Mackintosh.
The Broadway Les Miserables revival is the 25th anniversary production of the show. This re-imagination of Les Miz, which has already been seen in the national touring production, features a number of new elements, including new orchestrations and scenic designs.
The Les Miserables revival will start preview performances on March 1, 2014, with its official Broadway opening slated for March 23, 2014.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Rent” to Return for 20th Anniversary Tour - August 27, 2016
- Julie Taymor of “The Lion King” to Direct “M. Butterfly” - August 21, 2016
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016