Cameron Mackintosh, celebrated theater producer, has announced that the forthcoming Broadway revival of the international musical sensation Les Miserables will come to the Imperial Theatre, which served as the home for the original Broadway production for almost 13 years.
“This magnificent theatre has the perfect blend of scale and intimacy for a story like Les Misérables, and I can’t wait to put together a brilliant company to bring this great musical to new generations of Broadway audiences,” said Mackintosh.
The Broadway Les Miserables revival is the 25th anniversary production of the show. This re-imagination of Les Miz, which has already been seen in the national touring production, features a number of new elements, including new orchestrations and scenic designs.
The Les Miserables revival will start preview performances on March 1, 2014, with its official Broadway opening slated for March 23, 2014.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018