The American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League have made an agreement with CBS that ensures the popular TV network will continue to broadcast the Tony Awards ceremony through 2018. This is a continuation of a long relationship, as CBS has televised the Tonys for the last 35 years.
“We’re pleased to renew our commitment to the performing arts and look forward to continuing this great and long-standing partnership by bringing the best of Broadway to primetime television for many years to come,” stated Jack Sussman of CBS Entertainment.
Heather Hitchens and Charlotte St. Martin, the executive directors of the American Theatre Wing and The Broadway League, respectively, expressed their appreciation of CBS, saying, “Their dedication to our community allows us to bring the finest of the Broadway season into the homes of our fans each and every year – and also allows us to introduce the world of theatre to new audiences across the country.”
The Tony Awards are just around the corner, with the 67th annual celebration set to broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall
on June 9. The CBS telecast will start at 8pm EST.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017