The forthcoming big screen adaptation of Broadway mega-hit Jersey Boys now has a director. Academy Award winning director and acting legend Clint Eastwood will take the helm of the film version of Jersey Boys, which tells the true story of the formation, success, and tribulations of the pop group Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
Jersey Boys, which will be produced by Robert Lorenz and Graham King, is set to begin filming in L.A. late this summer. The production is currently holding casting auditions.
Featuring numerous hits by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, Jersey Boys opened to rave reviews in November of 2005 and has continued to be a Broadway audience favorite since then. The show won the Tony Award for Best Musical and the 2006 Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Encounter” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - October 14, 2016
- Broadway Plays Leap Over Musicals as the Fall Season Gets Underway - October 12, 2016
- SNL Season 42 Starts With Record Viewership With Trump Clinton Sketch - October 3, 2016
- “The Front Page” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 1, 2016
- Tony Award Best Musical Winner “Fun Home” Closes - September 23, 2016