The 2013 Theatre World Award winners have been announced. The honorees have been recognized for making an outstanding debut performance on or off-Broadway. Tom Hanks is the most recognizable name on the list, and among the most buzzed about this season are Bertie Carvel (Matilda), Tom Sturridge (Orphans), Rob McClure (Chaplin), and Keala Settle (Hands on a Hardbody). Other winners include Carrie Coon, Shalita Grant, Brandon J. Dirden, Valisia LeKae, Ruthie Ann Miles, Yvonne Strahovski, and Conrad Ricamora.
Theatre World has also bestowed a pair of special honors to particular individuals. The 2013 Dorothy Loudon Award for Excellence in the Theater has gone to Jonny Orsini for his work in The Nance. Alan Alda is being given the John Willis Award for Lifetime Achievement.
The honorees will be recognized at the 69th Annual Theatre World Awards ceremony, taking place at the Music Box Theater on June 3. Theater journalist Peter Filichia will serve as host for the festivities. For more information, visit www.theatreworldawards.org.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016