William Shakespeare’s famed tragedy Macbeth, which is currently represented on Broadway in Alan Cumming’s solo version of the bloody play, will soon get a new film treatment.
Directed by Justin Kurzel, the new movie Macbeth will star Michael Fassbender (Prometheus, Shame, X-Men) as Macbeth himself, the soldier who resorts to murder to become King of Scotland. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Garden State, Star Wars) will take on the iconic role of Lady Macbeth, his scheming and ambitious wife.
The playscript of Macbeth has been adapted for the screen by Todd Luiso and Jacob Koskoff for this film.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Paula Vogel’s “Indecent” Earns Rave Reviews - April 22, 2017
- Sam Gold’s “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Begins Previews - April 12, 2017
- Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney Star in “The Little Foxes” - April 6, 2017
- Cate Blanchett Completes Broadway Debut in “The Present” - March 28, 2017
- “Miss Saigon” Opens to Mixed Reviews - March 24, 2017