William Shakespeare’s famed tragedy Macbeth, which is currently represented on Broadway in Alan Cumming’s solo version of the bloody play, will soon get a new film treatment.
Directed by Justin Kurzel, the new movie Macbeth will star Michael Fassbender (Prometheus, Shame, X-Men) as Macbeth himself, the soldier who resorts to murder to become King of Scotland. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Garden State, Star Wars) will take on the iconic role of Lady Macbeth, his scheming and ambitious wife.
The playscript of Macbeth has been adapted for the screen by Todd Luiso and Jacob Koskoff for this film.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 20, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015
- “Fool For Love” Opens at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre - October 17, 2015