William Shakespeare’s famed tragedy Macbeth, which is currently represented on Broadway in Alan Cumming’s solo version of the bloody play, will soon get a new film treatment.
Directed by Justin Kurzel, the new movie Macbeth will star Michael Fassbender (Prometheus, Shame, X-Men) as Macbeth himself, the soldier who resorts to murder to become King of Scotland. Natalie Portman (Black Swan, Garden State, Star Wars) will take on the iconic role of Lady Macbeth, his scheming and ambitious wife.
The playscript of Macbeth has been adapted for the screen by Todd Luiso and Jacob Koskoff for this film.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017
- Glenn Close Earns Raves in “Sunset Boulevard” - February 10, 2017
- NBC Upheavals Begin, Network Makes Way For “The Megyn Kelly Morning Show” - February 2, 2017
- Oprah Returns To Broadcast TV on “60 Minutes” - February 1, 2017
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Completes Its Run - January 27, 2017