They’re creepy and they’re kooky, and soon they’ll be on Broadway! Charles Addams’ spooky cartoon family are going to become the subject of their own musical, which will have a book by Jersey Boys scribes Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice and a score by Andrew Lippa. Although Lippa wrote a few songs for another cartoon musical (the Broadway revival of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown), none of them seem like obvious choices. But no doubt director/designers Phelim McDermott and Julian Crouch, the masterminds behind the super eerie Shockheaded Peter, will provide the darkly comic sensibility that the Addams Family requires. Currently the show is expected to arrive on Broadway during the 2009-2010 season.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014