They’re creepy and they’re kooky, and soon they’ll be on Broadway! Charles Addams’ spooky cartoon family are going to become the subject of their own musical, which will have a book by Jersey Boys scribes Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice and a score by Andrew Lippa. Although Lippa wrote a few songs for another cartoon musical (the Broadway revival of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown), none of them seem like obvious choices. But no doubt director/designers Phelim McDermott and Julian Crouch, the masterminds behind the super eerie Shockheaded Peter, will provide the darkly comic sensibility that the Addams Family requires. Currently the show is expected to arrive on Broadway during the 2009-2010 season.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017