So far there have been two casualties following the Tony Awards. Oddly enough, the first Broadway show to post its closing notice was Company, which actually won the biggest award that it was up for, Best Revival of a Musical. Usually struggling shows will do their best to stick it out until the Tonys, in the hopes that they’ll win an award and then be able to attract a bigger audience. But apparently that hasn’t worked out for Company. The other show to make such an announcement was August Wilson’s play Radio Golf, which lost the Best Play award to The Coast of Utopia. Both shows will have their last Broadway performance on July 1.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013