It has just been announced that the Tonys, the annual awards that reward Broadway excellence, will be adding two new categories in the 2007-2008 season: Best Sound Design of a Musical and Best Sound Design of a Play. It’s about time that the Tonys recognize good sound design, a vital part of the Broadway experience. Perhaps what finally led them to this decision was that the recently-completed Broadway season boasted so many shows that demonstrated such impressive sound design — most notably Journey’s End, Talk Radio, and The Coast of Utopia.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017