Xanadu, the first show of the 2007-2008 Broadway season, opened to mostly positive reviews on July 10. A musical that both celebrates and lampoons the camp film classic starring Olivia Newton-John, Xanadu had some setbacks during previews. The show’s buzz was mixed, and its leading man, James Carpinello, was injured after only a few performances. But with a largely enthusiastic reaction from the Broadway critics, Xanadu may have a bright future on the Great White Way.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016