Hairspray made over $11 million at the box office on its opening day, beating out behemoth Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (though, just barely, losing the top spot to I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry). The reviews for the Hairspray movie have been outstanding, registering an impressive 94% positive review rate at RottenTomatoes.com. And thanks to all the publicity for the film, the Broadway show has been getting a big boost in attendance as well.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016