The Dirty Dancing musical (bafflingly subtitled “The Classic Story on Stage”) will finally be coming to America in September when it kicks off its U.S. national tour in Chicago. This musical version of the 1988 Patrick Swayze film premiered in Australia and is currently playing in London, but it appears that the producers preferred to bypass Broadway entirely and go straight for a tour. Not a bad idea considering that the sharp-tongued Broadway critics aren’t too likely to give Dirty Dancing a warm welcome.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016