The Dirty Dancing musical (bafflingly subtitled “The Classic Story on Stage”) will finally be coming to America in September when it kicks off its U.S. national tour in Chicago. This musical version of the 1988 Patrick Swayze film premiered in Australia and is currently playing in London, but it appears that the producers preferred to bypass Broadway entirely and go straight for a tour. Not a bad idea considering that the sharp-tongued Broadway critics aren’t too likely to give Dirty Dancing a warm welcome.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015