The Dirty Dancing musical (bafflingly subtitled “The Classic Story on Stage”) will finally be coming to America in September when it kicks off its U.S. national tour in Chicago. This musical version of the 1988 Patrick Swayze film premiered in Australia and is currently playing in London, but it appears that the producers preferred to bypass Broadway entirely and go straight for a tour. Not a bad idea considering that the sharp-tongued Broadway critics aren’t too likely to give Dirty Dancing a warm welcome.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018