The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, which is the magazine’s “Fall Movie Preview” special, has a couple items of interest for Broadway lovers. One of the featured films is Tim Burton’s big screen adaptation of the Stephen Sondheim/Hugh Wheeler/Christopher Bond musical masterpiece Sweeney Todd, which stars Johnny Depp as the murderous barber. The other movie with a Broadway connection is the new film adaptation of Anthony Shaffer’s mystery play Sleuth starring Jude Law, which is adapted by Harold Pinter and directed by Kenneth Branagh, stage veterans both.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016
- “Disaster!” Begins Previews at the Nederlander Theatre - February 19, 2016