With the excitement of the Hairspray movie come and gone (though not completely — the film is still selling tickets), Broadway fans can now look to the future. There is Sweeney Todd coming to theaters in December, but for those looking for something a bit lighter, get ready for Summer 2008. That’s when the movie version of the ABBA musical Mamma Mia, starring Meryl Streep (!) and Pierce Brosnan (among many others), opens. USA Today has a “First Look” at the movie musical here. If you still want to catch the show on Broadway before seeing it on the big screen, get your tickets now.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015