For the second year, the New York Musical Theatre Festival is holding its “Broadway Idol” competition, modeled on the hit TV series American Idol. If you’re 21 or older and don’t have Broadway credits (but you’re convinced you’ve got Broadway-caliber talent), then head to the auditions on September 8. Auditions are held at the Ha! Comedy Club (163 W. 46th) from 10AM to 6PM. Be sure to arrive between 10 and 10:15AM to be assigned an audition time. Callbacks will be held the next day from noon to 3PM. Contestants must be prepared to participate in the competition on the following dates: September 21, September 28, and October 5. For the audition, bring a 16-bar Broadway song that best reflects your style and abilities. The winner of “Broadway Idol” gets to do his or her own solo concert produced by Ars Nova.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - January 4, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017