Jerry Orbach, star of such Broadway musicals as the original productions of 42nd Street and Chicago, will be honored by New York City when a portion of 53rd Street at 8th Avenue is dubbed “Jerry Orbach Way” on Monday, September 17. Orbach’s breakout stage role was as El Gallo in the original Off-Broadway production of The Fantasticks, and he became a beloved TV star late in his career playing Lennie Briscoe on Law & Order. Orbach died of cancer on December 28, 2004 at the age of 69.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018