Jerry Orbach, star of such Broadway musicals as the original productions of 42nd Street and Chicago, will be honored by New York City when a portion of 53rd Street at 8th Avenue is dubbed “Jerry Orbach Way” on Monday, September 17. Orbach’s breakout stage role was as El Gallo in the original Off-Broadway production of The Fantasticks, and he became a beloved TV star late in his career playing Lennie Briscoe on Law & Order. Orbach died of cancer on December 28, 2004 at the age of 69.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016