Jerry Orbach, star of such Broadway musicals as the original productions of 42nd Street and Chicago, will be honored by New York City when a portion of 53rd Street at 8th Avenue is dubbed “Jerry Orbach Way” on Monday, September 17. Orbach’s breakout stage role was as El Gallo in the original Off-Broadway production of The Fantasticks, and he became a beloved TV star late in his career playing Lennie Briscoe on Law & Order. Orbach died of cancer on December 28, 2004 at the age of 69.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013