The casting for Broadway-bound musical Cry-Baby has been announced. The title role, played by Johnny Depp in the 1990 film on which the show is based, will be played by newcomer James Snyder. Harriet Harris (Thoroughly Modern Millie, TV’s Frasier), Carly Jibson (Hairspray), Chester Gregory (Tarzan), and Christopher Hanke (In My Life) also star. The musical will open at La Jolla Playhouse in November for a run, and then hopefully come to Broadway soon after, but no date has yet been set.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018