The new Broadway revival of Evita has been such a big hit that it hasn’t had to offer any ticket discounts – until now. Evita co-star Ricky Martin, whose Broadway debut has been attracting tourists and locals alike in droves, will be taking a few days off in July and August. During those dates, Evita is offering discounts of up to 30% off.
From July 2-8, and August 6-11, Ricky Martin will be out of the show, leaving the role of peasant revolutionary Che to be played alternately by his understudies Max von Essen and Daniel Torres. During that time, a Broadway discount code can be used to purchase Evita tickets ranging from $67 (mid-mezzanine) to $96-$100 (front mezzanine and orchestra). The discount offer even includes two dates — July 10 and 11 — that Ricky Martin is actually scheduled to be in the show, but no doubt those seats will sell fast.
Starring newcomer Elena Roger, this well-received Broadway production of the Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice musical Evita received Tony Award nominations for Best Revival of a Musical, Best Featured Actor in a Musical (Michael Cerveris), and Best Choreography (Rob Ashford), but it ultimately did not win any awards on Tony night.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016