Rock of Ages, the new hard rock musical starring former American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis, opens on Broadway. The rockin’ musical featuring classic tunes by a ton of 1980s hair bands like Bon Jovi, Journey, Poison, Asia, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benetar, Twisted Sister, and Whitesnake began Off-Broadway, but recently transferred to Broadway’s Brooks Atkinson Theatre, where it is set for an open run. The high-energy tuner, which co-stars Amy Spanger and James Carpinello, is about an aspiring musician (played by Constantine) who arrives on L.A.’s Sunset Strip with dreams of making it big as a rocker.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015