Cirque du Soleil has just extended the run of its new show Kooza to June 7, giving audiences extra time to see this theatrical sensation. The show begins performances on April 16 under the Grand Chapiteau (i.e. the Big Top) at Randall’s Island Park. (Randall’s Island is part of Manhattan but actually located off the main island – and is reachable by driving, or through a combination of subway and bus). Directed by David Shiner, Kooza is the latest Cirque du Soleil extravaganza, full of music, beautiful visuals, and of course hilarious clowning and spectacular acrobatics. The story concerns a sad loner who is on a journey, searching for his place in the world, and comes into contact with a series of odd and interesting characters who help him find his way. Kooza is the latest of many touring Cirque shows to stop at Randall’s Island Park, the most recent being Corteo and Varekai.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- Kevin Spacey to Host Tony Awards on June 11th - April 21, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 14, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Broadway Debut “Sweat” Opens at Studio 54 - March 25, 2017
- “Groundhog Day – the Musical” Arrives on Broadway - March 19, 2017
- Danny DeVito Stars in Arthur Miller’s “The Price” - February 17, 2017