Cirque du Soleil has just extended the run of its new show Kooza to June 7, giving audiences extra time to see this theatrical sensation. The show begins performances on April 16 under the Grand Chapiteau (i.e. the Big Top) at Randall’s Island Park. (Randall’s Island is part of Manhattan but actually located off the main island – and is reachable by driving, or through a combination of subway and bus). Directed by David Shiner, Kooza is the latest Cirque du Soleil extravaganza, full of music, beautiful visuals, and of course hilarious clowning and spectacular acrobatics. The story concerns a sad loner who is on a journey, searching for his place in the world, and comes into contact with a series of odd and interesting characters who help him find his way. Kooza is the latest of many touring Cirque shows to stop at Randall’s Island Park, the most recent being Corteo and Varekai.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Hamilton” a Hit with the President, Celebrities, and Audiences - November 25, 2015
- “King Charles III” Opens at the Music Box Theatre - November 12, 2015
- “A View From The Bridge” Begins Previews at the Lyceum Theatre - October 24, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 27, 2015
- “Fool for Love” Begins Previews on Broadway - September 19, 2015