Cirque du Soleil has just extended the run of its new show Kooza to June 7, giving audiences extra time to see this theatrical sensation. The show begins performances on April 16 under the Grand Chapiteau (i.e. the Big Top) at Randall’s Island Park. (Randall’s Island is part of Manhattan but actually located off the main island – and is reachable by driving, or through a combination of subway and bus). Directed by David Shiner, Kooza is the latest Cirque du Soleil extravaganza, full of music, beautiful visuals, and of course hilarious clowning and spectacular acrobatics. The story concerns a sad loner who is on a journey, searching for his place in the world, and comes into contact with a series of odd and interesting characters who help him find his way. Kooza is the latest of many touring Cirque shows to stop at Randall’s Island Park, the most recent being Corteo and Varekai.
Latest posts by Sangrit Malay (see all)
- “Broadway in Bryant Park” Series Begins July 12th - July 12, 2018
- Kelli O’Hara and Will Chase to Star in “Kiss Me, Kate” - July 7, 2018
- Celebrated Revival of “The Iceman Cometh” Closes - June 30, 2018
- Acclaimed Revival of “Three Tall Women” Closes - June 23, 2018
- “The Prom” Landing on Broadway This Fall - June 15, 2018