Rupert Holmes (Curtains, Say Goodnight Gracie, The Mystery of Edwin Drood) and songwriter Marvin Hamlisch (A Chorus Line, Sweet Smell of Success, They’re Playing Our Song) are working on a new Broadway musical based on the classic Jerry Lewis film comedy The Nutty Professor. Lewis himself will direct the production of this Nutty musical, which is aiming to hit Broadway in the 2010-2011 season. Jerry Lewis is no stranger to the stage, having starred in the touring production of the musical Damn Yankees in the ’90s. The 1963 movie The Nutty Professor, which Lewis starred in and co-wrote with Bill Richmond, is about Julius Kelp, a geeky genius who creates a potion that transforms him into smooth operator Buddy Love.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017