Rupert Holmes (Curtains, Say Goodnight Gracie, The Mystery of Edwin Drood) and songwriter Marvin Hamlisch (A Chorus Line, Sweet Smell of Success, They’re Playing Our Song) are working on a new Broadway musical based on the classic Jerry Lewis film comedy The Nutty Professor. Lewis himself will direct the production of this Nutty musical, which is aiming to hit Broadway in the 2010-2011 season. Jerry Lewis is no stranger to the stage, having starred in the touring production of the musical Damn Yankees in the ’90s. The 1963 movie The Nutty Professor, which Lewis starred in and co-wrote with Bill Richmond, is about Julius Kelp, a geeky genius who creates a potion that transforms him into smooth operator Buddy Love.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016