New Broadway show announcements have been piling up lately, and some big ones came down the pike today. The Donmar Warehouse production in London of Hamlet, starring Jude Law as the angst-ridden Dane of the title, will be arriving on our shores in September for a limited 12-week engagement at the Broadhurst Theatre. A Los Angeles production of David Mamet’s play Oleanna starring Julia Stiles and Bill Pullman will come to Broadway in October with its stars in tow. Oleanna will play the Golden Theatre, just after it is vacated by long-time resident Avenue Q, which only recently announced its September closing. And award-winning actress Laura Linney will be returning to Broadway in January in the Manhattan Theatre Club premiere of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Donald Margulies’ new drama Time Stands Still, which will play a limited run at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013