New Broadway show announcements have been piling up lately, and some big ones came down the pike today. The Donmar Warehouse production in London of Hamlet, starring Jude Law as the angst-ridden Dane of the title, will be arriving on our shores in September for a limited 12-week engagement at the Broadhurst Theatre. A Los Angeles production of David Mamet’s play Oleanna starring Julia Stiles and Bill Pullman will come to Broadway in October with its stars in tow. Oleanna will play the Golden Theatre, just after it is vacated by long-time resident Avenue Q, which only recently announced its September closing. And award-winning actress Laura Linney will be returning to Broadway in January in the Manhattan Theatre Club premiere of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Donald Margulies’ new drama Time Stands Still, which will play a limited run at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016