New Broadway show announcements have been piling up lately, and some big ones came down the pike today. The Donmar Warehouse production in London of Hamlet, starring Jude Law as the angst-ridden Dane of the title, will be arriving on our shores in September for a limited 12-week engagement at the Broadhurst Theatre. A Los Angeles production of David Mamet’s play Oleanna starring Julia Stiles and Bill Pullman will come to Broadway in October with its stars in tow. Oleanna will play the Golden Theatre, just after it is vacated by long-time resident Avenue Q, which only recently announced its September closing. And award-winning actress Laura Linney will be returning to Broadway in January in the Manhattan Theatre Club premiere of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Donald Margulies’ new drama Time Stands Still, which will play a limited run at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017