Plans for Hugh Jackman’s return to Broadway have been pretty well finalized – and he will be joined by another action-adventure star, Daniel Craig. The pair will be starring in A Steady Rain, a new play by Keith Huff, in a production to be directed by John Crowley. A Steady Rain will begin preview performances at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on September 10, with the official Broadway opening on September 29. The production will be a limited engagement, scheduled to end on December 6. With two major film stars, each at the head of his own movie franchise (Craig as James Bond, Jackman as Wolverine), and only a 12-week run, there will likely be pandemonium at the box office when tickets go onsale July 25 (or July 11 for the American Express pre-sale). A Steady Rain is a two-hander about two Chicago cops who are lifelong friends. The production will mark Daniel Craig’s Broadway debut, but Hugh Jackman was previously seen on the Great White Way in The Boy From Oz.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016