Shubert Alley was filled with adorable cats and dogs looking for a place to call home today during the Broadway Barks event. The annual adopt-a-thon, now in its 11th year, raises money for animal shelters and brings in a constellation of Broadway stars to present pets from local shelters for adoption. This year’s slate of Broadway bigshots included Elizabeth Ashley, Hope Davis (God of Carnage), Rupert Everett (Blithe Spirit), Tovah Feldshuh, Sutton Foster, John Glover (Waiting For Godot), Lauren Graham, Marcia Gay Harden, Allison Janney (9 To 5), Marc Kudisch, Angela Lansbury, Constantine Maroulis (Rock of Ages), Audra McDonald (Twelfth Night), Becki Newton, Michael O’Keefe, Karen Olivo (West Side Story), David Hyde Pierce, Alice Ripley (Next To Normal), John Tartaglia, and Michael Urie. Broadway Barks was created by Mary Tyler Moore and Bernadette Peters, who always co-host the adopt-a-thon. Peters wrote a companion book, also called Broadway Barks, which she signed copies of at the event.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016