Former Saturday Night Live cast member Ana Gasteyer, best known for her impressions of such personalities as Celine Dion and Katherine Harris, is joining the cast of the upcoming Manhattan Theatre Club revival of the classic play The Royal Family. Gasteyer will play Kitty Dean, who is related by marriage to the Cavendishes, the fictional clan of stage celebrities whose exploits are explored in The Royal Family. Written by George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber, the comedy first appeared on Broadway in 1927 at the Selwyn Theatre (which is now known as the American Airlines Theatre). The new MTC production will begin preview performances at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on September 15, with its official Broadway opening on October 8.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015