No, the Tony Award-winning Broadway hit musical Billy Elliot won’t be leaving Broadway anytime soon, but the show will be launching a national tour next year. At last, many people who don’t have a chance to travel to New York City to see this wonderful Broadway musical will be able to see it in their own town. The touring company of Billy Elliot will start in Chicago in March 2010 at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts, Oriental Theatre, where it will have an extended run before moving on to other cities. Billy Elliot is based on the independent British film of the same name, which is about a boy from working-class England who dreams of learning ballet.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015