Burn the Floor‘s first performance on Broadway tonight signals the beginning of the 2009-2010 Broadway season. It is the first entry in what is looking to be an exciting year on Broadway. Burn the Floor is the steamy dance sensation that has been touring the globe and now lands at the Longacre Theatre for a limited engagement. The production will have its official Broadway opening on August 2, with a closing date set for October 18. Fans of TV’s Dancing with the Stars should get their tickets right away, because two popular dancers from that show, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff, will be in Burn the Floor for a limited time. The regular cast of the production also features some Stars dancers, as well as dancers from So You Think You Can Dance and numerous championship Latin and Ballroom dancers from around the world. Accompanying these talented movers and shakers will be onstage vocalists and an onstage band playing live music.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017