Principal casting for the upcoming musical version of Green Day’s hit album American Idiot has been announced. Talented Tony-winning actor John Gallagher Jr. (Spring Awakening, Rabbit Hole) will star as Johnny, and he will be joined by Tony Vincent (Jesus Christ Superstar) as St. Jimmy, Michael Esper (A Man For All Seasons) as Will, Matt Caplan (Rent) as Tunny, Rebecca Naomi Jones (Passing Strange) as Whatsername, and Mary Faber (Avenue Q) as Heather, as well as a large ensemble of youthful performers. The production, which will open at the Berkeley Rep in September, will re-unite John Gallagher Jr. with his Spring Awakening director, Michael Mayer.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016