Principal casting for the upcoming musical version of Green Day’s hit album American Idiot has been announced. Talented Tony-winning actor John Gallagher Jr. (Spring Awakening, Rabbit Hole) will star as Johnny, and he will be joined by Tony Vincent (Jesus Christ Superstar) as St. Jimmy, Michael Esper (A Man For All Seasons) as Will, Matt Caplan (Rent) as Tunny, Rebecca Naomi Jones (Passing Strange) as Whatsername, and Mary Faber (Avenue Q) as Heather, as well as a large ensemble of youthful performers. The production, which will open at the Berkeley Rep in September, will re-unite John Gallagher Jr. with his Spring Awakening director, Michael Mayer.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016