There’s A Steady Rain on Broadway, of the theatrical kind. The new play by Keith Huff is opening at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, where it is scheduled to play a strictly limited engagement through December 6. Although Huff is undoubtedly a fine playwright, the fact is that the big draw of this two-person Chicago cop drama is that it features two major movie stars, Hugh Jackman (X-Men, Wolverine, Australia) and Daniel Craig (Casino Royale, Layer Cake, The Golden Compass). Neither are new to the stage. Jackman’s big breakout in the theater world was his role as Curly in a London revival of Oklahoma! in the late ’90s, and he went on to win a Tony Award for his Broadway debut, the Peter Allen musical The Boy From Oz. Craig, known as the new James Bond on the big screen, did London stage work early in his career and was trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, but A Steady Rain marks his first appearance on Broadway.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018