After a mere month-long hiatus, the popular musical Avenue Q re-opens in New York City today, this time at Off-Broadway’s New World Stages in Times Square. The amazing thing about this opening is that it marks the extremely rare event of a show beginning life Off-Broadway (at the Vineyard Theatre), transferring successfully to Broadway (at the John Golden Theatre), enjoying a healthy multi-year Broadway run, closing, and then almost instantaneously transferring back to Off-Broadway. Rare though this approach is, it seems logical since the “puppet musical”, which is still known and loved by audiences, will be cheaper to produce Off-Broadway and will not have to fill as many seats. This “new” Avenue Q is essentially the same production as the one seen on Broadway, but it features brand new cast members.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017