With recent revivals of Glengarry Glen Ross, American Buffalo, and Speed-the-Plow, Broadway has been a great friend to playwright David Mamet lately. Tonight marks the opening night for the latest Mamet revival, Oleanna, starring Bill Pullman (The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia? on Broadway) and Julia Stiles (Shakespeare in the Park’s Twelfth Night, Off-Broadway’s Fran’s Bed) as a college professor and student, respectively. The Doug Hughes-directed production of the play about sexual politics was seen previously in Los Angeles at the Mark Taper Forum, and now hits Broadway’s John Golden Theatre for an open run. David Mamet will next be represented on Broadway with a new drama, the race-related play Race starring James Spader, David Alan Grier, Kerry Washington, and Richard Thomas.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015