Following a brief but buzz-generating Off-Broadway run, the new musical Fela! comes to Broadway for a run at the Eugene O’Neill Theatre. Directed and choreographed by modern dance legend Bill T. Jones (who previously electrified Broadway with his Spring Awakening choreography, for which he won a Tony Award), Fela! is about the life and music of African musician Fela Anikulapo-Kuti. Bill T. Jones and Jim Lewis wrote the book for the biographical musical, which features Fela’s own music, performed onstage by local Afrobeat group Antibalas. The role of the musical’s hero is performed alternately by Sahr Ngaujah and Kevin Mambo. Fela! is set for an official Broadway opening on November 23.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017