The revival of the Neil Simon comedy Brighton Beach Memoirs opens at the Nederlander Theatre tonight. The production will be playing in rep with another Neil Simon play, Broadway Bound, scheduled to open on December 10. Both plays are part of what is known as Simon’s semi-autobiographical “Eugene Morris Jerome trilogy,” three plays that follow a young man named Eugene Jerome from his youth in Brooklyn (Brighton Beach Memoirs) to his time spent in the army (Biloxi Blues) and on to his developing career as a comedy writer (Broadway Bound); however, Biloxi Blues is not part of this revival. Noah Robbins plays Eugene in Brighton Beach Memoirs, and also starring in the David Cromer-directed production is Laurie Metcalf (TV’s Roseanne, Broadway’s November) and Santino Fontana (Billy Elliot).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014