Just in time for the holidays, a new musical version of the modern classic Christmas movie A Christmas Story begins performances at the Kansas City Repertory Theatre. The show’s libretto is by Joseph Robinette, and the score is by Scott Davenport Richards. The musical is based on the 1983 film about young Ralphie Parker’s quest to get an air rifle for Christmas (the movie was based on humorist Jean Shepherd’s stories). This production of A Christmas Story, The Musical! plays at the Kansas City Rep through December 27. Songs from the musical include “I Won (A Major Award),” “On Christmas, We Go Eat Chinese,” “Ho, Ho, Ho!” and of course “You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out!” The show is aiming for a Broadway run in 2010.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016