Lincoln Center’s David Rubinstein Atrium, newly opened on Broadway between 62nd and 63rd Streets, will be the site for a new free performance series known as Target Free Thursdays. The series, which will take place each Thursday evening at 8:30pm, kicked off on November 19 with Sexteto Rodriguez and the Cuban-Jewish All Stars and in the future will feature a wide variety of performers in many genres of music and the performing arts (including international acts and performers from Lincoln Center’s resident companies). After it has its official opening in December, the Atrium will not only be a place to see performances, but to buy discounted tickets for them, as this will be where Lincoln Center has its own brand new answer to the popular TKTS booth in midtown. In addition, the Atrium will sport a huge media wall, free wi-fi and free public seating, a cafe, and vertical gardens.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014