Lincoln Center’s David Rubinstein Atrium, newly opened on Broadway between 62nd and 63rd Streets, will be the site for a new free performance series known as Target Free Thursdays. The series, which will take place each Thursday evening at 8:30pm, kicked off on November 19 with Sexteto Rodriguez and the Cuban-Jewish All Stars and in the future will feature a wide variety of performers in many genres of music and the performing arts (including international acts and performers from Lincoln Center’s resident companies). After it has its official opening in December, the Atrium will not only be a place to see performances, but to buy discounted tickets for them, as this will be where Lincoln Center has its own brand new answer to the popular TKTS booth in midtown. In addition, the Atrium will sport a huge media wall, free wi-fi and free public seating, a cafe, and vertical gardens.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016