The Sydney Theatre Company production of A Streetcar Named Desire comes to the Harvey Theater at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) for a limited engagement, which is starting today and running through December 19. In the production, acclaimed film actress Cate Blanchett (Elizabeth, The Lord of the Rings, Notes On a Scandal) plays Tennessee Williams’ most iconic heroine, Blanche DuBois. Co-starring in the tempestuous Southern drama with Blanchett is Joel Edgerton as Stanley Kowalski and Robin McLeavy as his wife Stella.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018