Seeing as how there was a (not all that impressive) revival of La Cage aux Folles on Broadway just a few years ago, there hasn’t been a great deal of excitement about the incoming production, scheduled to hit Broadway this Spring. But a recent casting announcement has just made this La Cage a bit more intriguing. Kelsey Grammer, the TV star best known for his character on Cheers and Frasier, will star in the new La Cage aux Folles revival in the role of Georges, the owner of a St. Tropez drag club whose son is about to marry into a very conservative family. The role of his longtime lover Albin will be played by Douglas Hodge, who has received much acclaim for his turn in the London production of the show.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015