Seeing as how there was a (not all that impressive) revival of La Cage aux Folles on Broadway just a few years ago, there hasn’t been a great deal of excitement about the incoming production, scheduled to hit Broadway this Spring. But a recent casting announcement has just made this La Cage a bit more intriguing. Kelsey Grammer, the TV star best known for his character on Cheers and Frasier, will star in the new La Cage aux Folles revival in the role of Georges, the owner of a St. Tropez drag club whose son is about to marry into a very conservative family. The role of his longtime lover Albin will be played by Douglas Hodge, who has received much acclaim for his turn in the London production of the show.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014