The Royal Family, the classic George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber comedy about a family of stage stars, concludes its limited run at Manhattan Theatre Club’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre today. The production, which was extended twice due to ticket demand, featured a glittery cast of theater regulars including Jan Maxwell, John Glover, Tony Roberts, Ana Gasteyer, Reg Rogers, and Rosemary Harris. Meanwhile over at the Walter Kerr Theatre, the Trevor Nunn-directed production of Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler’s charming A Little Night Music is having its official opening. This is the first-ever Broadway revival of the 1973 musical based on Ingmar Bergman’s film Smiles of a Summer Night, and it stars Catherine Zeta-Jones as a glamorous actress and Angela Lansbury as her mother. It was recently announced that PS Classics and Nonesuch will be releasing a new recording of the musical with this production’s cast.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016