The Royal Family, the classic George S. Kaufman and Edna Ferber comedy about a family of stage stars, concludes its limited run at Manhattan Theatre Club’s Samuel J. Friedman Theatre today. The production, which was extended twice due to ticket demand, featured a glittery cast of theater regulars including Jan Maxwell, John Glover, Tony Roberts, Ana Gasteyer, Reg Rogers, and Rosemary Harris. Meanwhile over at the Walter Kerr Theatre, the Trevor Nunn-directed production of Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler’s charming A Little Night Music is having its official opening. This is the first-ever Broadway revival of the 1973 musical based on Ingmar Bergman’s film Smiles of a Summer Night, and it stars Catherine Zeta-Jones as a glamorous actress and Angela Lansbury as her mother. It was recently announced that PS Classics and Nonesuch will be releasing a new recording of the musical with this production’s cast.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017