Come Fly Away, Twyla Tharp’s new dance show based around the music of Frank Sinatra, will come to Broadway’s Marquis Theatre on March 1. The piece was originally called Come Fly With Me and had its world premiere at Atlanta’s Alliance Theatre. Tharp has created other dance shows using the catalogues of popular musicians, including the Broadway hit Movin’ Out (using the music of Billy Joel, sung above stage by Michael Cavanaugh) and the Broadway flop The Times They Are A Changin’ (featuring the music of Bob Dylan, as sung by a cast headed by Michael Arden). Come Fly Away, which has master recordings of Frank Sinatra’s voice played against a live onstage band, includes such classic Sinatra songs as “My Way” and “Fly Me To the Moon”. The show is about four couples who fall in and out of love during a music-filled evening at a nightclub.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013