Come Fly Away, Twyla Tharp’s new dance show based around the music of Frank Sinatra, will come to Broadway’s Marquis Theatre on March 1. The piece was originally called Come Fly With Me and had its world premiere at Atlanta’s Alliance Theatre. Tharp has created other dance shows using the catalogues of popular musicians, including the Broadway hit Movin’ Out (using the music of Billy Joel, sung above stage by Michael Cavanaugh) and the Broadway flop The Times They Are A Changin’ (featuring the music of Bob Dylan, as sung by a cast headed by Michael Arden). Come Fly Away, which has master recordings of Frank Sinatra’s voice played against a live onstage band, includes such classic Sinatra songs as “My Way” and “Fly Me To the Moon”. The show is about four couples who fall in and out of love during a music-filled evening at a nightclub.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015