Come Fly Away, Twyla Tharp’s new dance show based around the music of Frank Sinatra, will come to Broadway’s Marquis Theatre on March 1. The piece was originally called Come Fly With Me and had its world premiere at Atlanta’s Alliance Theatre. Tharp has created other dance shows using the catalogues of popular musicians, including the Broadway hit Movin’ Out (using the music of Billy Joel, sung above stage by Michael Cavanaugh) and the Broadway flop The Times They Are A Changin’ (featuring the music of Bob Dylan, as sung by a cast headed by Michael Arden). Come Fly Away, which has master recordings of Frank Sinatra’s voice played against a live onstage band, includes such classic Sinatra songs as “My Way” and “Fly Me To the Moon”. The show is about four couples who fall in and out of love during a music-filled evening at a nightclub.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014