Broadway is bereft once again as the January closings continue today. Burn the Floor is all danced out and has finally ended its run at the Longacre Theatre following extensions due to popular ticket demand. Also closing today, the Hitchcock-inspired mystery/comedy The 39 Steps, which enjoyed an unusually long run for a play, lasting two years on Broadway. One of the most unfortunate Broadway closings so far this season is the excellent revival of the musical Ragtime, which only made it a few months at the Neil Simon Theatre. The audiences were enthusiastic, but the show just couldn’t sell enough tickets to keep this production running. And then there is also a significant Off-Broadway closing today, the long-running production of the Christian boy band musical Altar Boyz, which shutters following over 2,000 performances at New World Stages.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016